Safety during our safaries
SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR OUR SAFARI GUESTS
- We provide our guests all the necessary equipment and safari outfits, including warm suit, gloves, woolsocks, warm hat and winter boots. For snowmobile safaries you'll get a helmet and mask.
- For summertime rafting You'll be equipped with a rain wear, rubber boots, a helmet and a life jacket. When it's cold we wear a winter suit. We use only approved equipment.
- In addition You should always wear warm underclothing, especially in autumn, winter and spring. When the temperature gets below zero, it's very handy to wear at least two layers of clothing underneath the safari outfit. Then it's easy to take off or add more clothes according to current situation.
- For longer (duration over 3-4 hrs) safaries -especially with snowmobiles- You can also reserve some personal snacks e.g candy bars, chocolate or raisins, and also something to drink, e.g some lemonade or juice. Although longer safaries may include coffee, sandwiches or lunch, it's nice to have little something to grab every now and then.
Safety Training for Safari Entrepreneurs In Lapland (9/2001 - 6/2003)
Stella Polaris entered the Safety Training for Safari Entrepreneurs In Lapland during 9/2001 - 6/2003.
Thorough training included safety issues concerning all kinds of activities/possible situations in safari branch, e.g snowmobiling, winter safety, search & rescue etc.
Diploma for River Rafting Company of the Year 2001 in Finland.
Stella Polaris Adventures has:
- Merited in exemplary river rafting during year 2001
- By own example advanced the safety of river rafting and rafting-business in Finland
- Observed and developed issues concerning the safety of guests and the quality of service
Granted by The Finnish Paddling and River Rafting Entrepreneurs Federation in Kuusamo 2.2.2002
River Rafting Certificate 21.6.2001
The Finnish Paddling and River Rafting Entrepreneurs Federation grants River Rafting Certificates to companies, which base all their actions on valid regulations. Stella Polaris Adventures was one of the three first companies in Finland to get this certificate.